The Louisiana Tobacco Control Initiative (LA-TCI) provides free, evidence-based smoking cessation services at University Hospital & Clinics. Designated staff member Nakesha Latiker, NCTTP, offers several quit smoking options for patients and employees, including:
- Individual face-to-face behavioral counseling; sessions upon request
- Group behavioral counseling; classes held several times a month, call the number below to register
- Referral to the state's Quit line for free telephone or web-based counseling
- Referral to the Louisiana Smoking Cessation Trust program for free counseling and medication
- Assistance with obtaining a prescription for cessation medication from a person's primary care doctor to help them quit
To qualify for the free Louisiana Smoking Cessation Trust program, a person must have started smoking before September 1, 1988 and be a Louisiana resident. Click here for more information about the LA-TCI, or you may contact your TCI Cessation Specialist directly using the information below.
M-F - 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.