Providing a place for prayer to experience
Hope, Healing & Recovery
For over 50 years, the chaplains of Lafayette General Medical Center (LGMC) Pastoral Care have conducted spiritual work by providing non-denominational spiritual and emotional support, encouragement, comfort, consolation and prayer to the entire care team, and their patients. As part of the patient care team, chaplains tend to a patient’s emotional, social, physical and spiritual aspects of healing that honors the needs of body, mind and spirit.
While LGMC’s healthcare advanced, the chapel where Pastoral Care operates has not changed in over 50 years. The hospital chapel is open at all times for quiet prayer and meditation for anyone. However, it can no longer serve in its current location for daily and Sunday services, as it is only able to accommodate 16 individuals; the need is to serve 40+ individuals. This is why there is an immediate need to renovate and expand the chapel and pastoral care offices by 1,000 square feet and we are seeking your help.
- Pastoral Care offices and conference room to expand from 400 sq. ft. to 1,100 sq. ft.
- Chapel to expand from 300 sq. ft. to 600 sq. ft.
The estimated cost of the project is $1 million. To date we have raised $882,000.
We would like to invite you to make a prayerful contribution towards the LGMC chapel expansion and renovation project. Your contribution will allow us to provide more space and improve the condition of the chapel for those looking to pray for Hope, Healing and Recovery.
Pastoral Care at LGMC will Provide
- A quiet place for prayer and meditation for anyone of any faith
- Pastoral care to 20,000 + individuals and their families
- Daily counseling for most patients - Staffed by chaplains/counselors and 40 volunteers
- At least two chaplains present 10 hours a day, seven days a week
- Additional chaplains on standby 24/7
- Onsite and on call presence includes, but is not limited to:
- Daily and special event religious services
- Sunday/Holiday Mass Memorial services
- Louisiana Organ Procurement Agency involvement and support
- Upon completion, Chapel and Pastoral Care Offices to be maintained by LGMC (Maintenance Fund Included)
Madlyn Hilliard, Co-Chair
Nancy Broadhurst, Campaign Coordinator
Damon Cudihy, M.D.
Kim Hardey, M.D.
Gus Ingraldi, M.D.
Milton Jolivette, Jr., M.D.
Robert John, Sr.
Bo & Jerry Ramsay
Steve Rees, M.D.
Bryan Sibley, M.D.
For more information or to discuss giving opportunities for LGMC's Chapel Expansion & Renovation Project, please email the foundation at Foundation@lgh.org, or call (337) 571-0080.