In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Lafayette General Health has implemented a ZERO VISITOR policy with limited access to entrances. Entrances will be monitored and all visitors will undergo a temperature check and health screening. Each patient is allowed ONE Essential Visitor PER DAY only. Essential visitor will be identified by patient or responsible party, and swapping visitors throughout the day will not be allowed. Families encouraged to use alternate means of communication such as FaceTime, Skype or phones located in patient rooms.
ZERO VISITORS IN HOSPITALS (with exceptions, below)
No visitors for the ER or ICU
No visitors for COVID-19 patients, even those who are end-of-life
Restricted Entry at Clinics and Urgent Care Locations. There should be no visitors for urgent care or clinic visits unless patient needs assistance for the visit.
Laboring Moms - Spouse or Partner
Pediatrics/NICU - TWO Parents or Guardians
*End-of-Life Patients - Spouse/Partner/Adult Child
A family member assisting an inpatient with special needs (Ex: Patients with decreased mental capacity or patients with significant mobility issues)
*Currently, all allowed visitors MUST be masked at all times while within the hospital.
*Patients who are at end of life and are COVID-19 positive or suspected of having COVID-19 are not allowed visitors.
Limiting hospital entry access at all of our hospitals.
- Lafayette General Medical Center, Lafayette General Orthopaedic Hospital, Acadia General Hospital: All doors will be closed except for Main Entrance and ER. Main entrance will be open from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Emergency Department will be open 24/7.
- University Hospital & Clinics: Main entrance will be open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entrances 1, 2 and 4 will be open 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Emergency Department will be open 24/7.
- St. Martin Hospital: Outpatient entrance will be open 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Main entrance will be open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Emergency Department will be open 24/7.
- Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital: Front entrance will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Emergency Department will be open 24/7.
Departments/Facilities With Updated Hours and Restricted Access
- Outpatient Labs at Lafayette General Medical Center and Lafayette General Imaging will be modifying their hours as of March 25 to 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Restricted Entry at Clinics and Urgent Care Locations. There should be no visitors for urgent care or clinic visits unless patient needs assistance for the visit.
- Restricted Access to Cafeterias. The cafeteria will only be accessible to patients, approved visitors and staff. There will be no dining in. To go orders only!