Our volunteers are dedicated members of our community who are committed to providing cheerful, helpful services to our patients, visitors, and staff. They are highly regarded at Lafayette General Health because they provide services that supplement the basic, essential functions of the professional staff. Whether it is greeting or assisting someone in the front lobby, performing clerical duties, providing spiritual support to our patients and their families, or being there for a patient, our volunteer program is dedicated to meeting the needs of our system as well as your skills, talents, and time.
What volunteer duties are available?
- Assist patients in various areas
- Help in a doctor’s office
- Staff information desks
- Work in the gift shop
- Pastoral Care
- Visitor transport
- Human Resources and so much more!
Any person associated with a church or parish of any denomination may become a volunteer in the Pastoral Care program, though certain prerequisites must be met, such as a written recommendation from your minister or pastor. Pastoral Care volunteers have an important role in visiting new patients in hospitals and assessing what ministry is needed.
Benefits of Volunteering
Our volunteers are selfless individuals, secure in the knowledge that their efforts are creating a healthy and peaceful environment for patients and families to recuperate. Beyond this good will, benefits include:
- Building new friendships and becoming part of a team
- Learning new skills – Lafayette General Health provides on-the-job training
- One free meal during volunteer hours
- Free annual flu shot
- Recognition at annual banquet
- Research shows that those who volunteer greatly increase their own health and survival
All volunteers are required to complete an application, have an interview and attend an orientation program. Call 289-7130 for more information.