Lafayette General’s Surgery Department is steeped in a tradition of advancing surgical procedures, having performed the first open heart procedure in Acadiana, the first Cesarean Section and the first craniotomy in Lafayette.
Lafayette General maintains a well-respected outpatient surgery program within the hospital, in addition to our partnership with Lafayette General Surgical Hospital
Today, we offer a full range of surgical treatments using highly advanced techniques and technologies, including the minimally invasive daVinci® Surgical Robot, the O-Arm Mobile Imaging System and Medtronic's StealthStation® surgical navigation system, which allows surgeons to track their surgical instruments in the most precise manner.
Surgeon leaders in their fields continue to raise the bar with advanced surgical procedures including:
- The region’s first portal vein replacement to treat pancreatic cancer
- The area’s first “snorkel” procedure, replacing open surgery, treating patients with aneurysms
- Several first-in-the-state heart procedures
- The first in Acadiana neurosurgical method of accessing deep regions of the brain through an opening smaller than a dime.
Dedicated to a higher level of surgical care, the surgeons at LGMC have been nationally recognized for excellence in several surgical specialties including: Cardiovascular, Neurology, Deep Brain Stimulation, Orthopedics, Gynecology, Bariatrics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Spinal Surgery, GI Surgery, General Surgery, Urology, Opthalmology, Surgical Oncology and Gynecological Surgical Oncology. The Surgery Department was one of only eight worldwide facilities invited to broadcast live and intricate interventional surgical procedures at the largest peripheral vascular conference in the U.S.
Coming Soon: In late summer of 2014, construction will be completed on a new surgical platform that will include 13 full-service operating rooms, up from 11 in the current surgery area.
Our team of dedicated surgicalists:
- Philip Gachassin, M.D., General Surgery
- Dennis Eschete, M.D., General Surgery
- Matthew Boudreaux, M.D., Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Jeffrey Rau, M.D., General Surgery
- Keith Colomb, M.D., General Surgery
- Dave J. Barrios III, M.D., General Surgery
- Juan Paredes, M.D., General Surgery
- Daniel Carroll, M.D., General Surgery
- Michael Horaist, M.D., Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Joshua Landes, M.D., General Surgery
- Louis Corne, M.D., General Surgery
- Darin Doumite, M.D., General Surgery
- Amanda Ellington, M.D., General Surgery
- Robert Autin, M.D., General Surgery