Julio Castro, M.D.
Schumacher Clinical Partners – Hospitalist
Lafayette General Medical Center
1214 Coolidge Street
Dr. Castro joined Schumacher Clinical Partner Hospitalists in 2006. He currently serves as a Preceptor in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Lafayette General Medical Center. With years of experience here in Acadiana, Dr. Castro has an appreciation for southern culture, and cares about the patients he serves at Lafayette General.
- Residency, University Medical Center now University Hospital & Clinics (Lafayette, LA)
- Private Practice (Alabama)
- Emergency Department, Our Lady of Lourdes (Lafayette, LA)
- Emergency Department, Opelousas General Hospital (Opelousas, LA)
- Medical Director, Louisiana Kid-Med Program (Louisiana)
- Doctor of Medicine, Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans, LA)
- Board Eligible - American Board of Internal Medicine