For the safety of both the visitors and patients, visitors must remain in the patient's room, designated unit waiting areas or the cafeteria; visitors are not allowed to roam the halls of the hospital. Below you will find each facility's visitation hours. We respectfully ask that you follow all policies and instruction provided at each facility.
A telephone is provided in each room; there is no charge for local calls within a 30-mile radius. To dial out: dial 9, then the number. Long distance calls may be charged to your home, a credit card, or collect; they may not be charged to your room.
Lafayette General Medical Center
General hospital visiting hours are from: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Between 8:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m., the only entrance to the hospital is through the doors located in the Emergency Department (the Heymann Center side of building).
One visitor per patient, 18 years or older, is allowed to stay overnight. Overnight visitors must stay in the room or on the 1st floor.
Additional LGMC Visiting Hours
- Intensive Care Unit: 9 a.m., 1 p.m., 5 p.m., and 9 p.m.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Parents and grandparents may visit the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit any time except between 6-8 a.m., 10-11 a.m. and 6-8 p.m. No visitors under 18 are allowed in the NICU. No visitor is allowed to stay overnight in the NICU.
- Rehabilitation Unit: Monday - Friday, 4 - 8 p.m.; Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Lafayette General Surgical Hospital
General hospital visiting hours are 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. One visitor will be allowed to stay overnight.
University Hospital & Clinics
General hospital visiting hours are from: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. One visitor per patient, 18 years or older, is allowed to stay overnight. Children under age twelve (12) may visit in patient rooms, with adult supervision; it is asked that the adult supervisor insure that the visiting children do not disturb other patients. Children age six (6) are not allowed to wait in the first floor Lobby Area if unattended. If the child is waiting in the front Lobby Waiting Area, then the child must remain quiet.
Additional UHC Visiting Hours
- Intensive Care Unit: 9 - 9:30 a.m., 1- 1:30 p.m., 4 - 4:30 p.m. and 8 - 8:30 p.m. Family is allowed in the Waiting Area (fourth floor) at all times. No one under the age of 10 will be allowed in the unit.
- Emergency Room: Every 2 hours for 10 minutes. Visitation will remain flexible and at the discretion of the ER personnel based on patient volumes.
- Medical Detox Unit: Tuesday & Thursday from 4 - 5:00 p.m. after patient has been admitted for 72 hours. Visitors must check-in and speak to counselor at 3:00 p.m. the day of visitation.
St. Martin Hospital
St. Martin Hospital visiting hours are 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. One visitor will be allowed to stay overnight. No more than three visitors may occupy a patient's room at one time. Children under the age of 12 are permitted in the patient's room, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital
General hospital visiting hours are from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. Between 9:00 pm and 6:00 am the only entrance to the hospital is through the doors located in the Emergency Department. One visitor per patient, 18 years or older, is allowed to stay overnight. Overnight visitors must stay in the room. Please see the Patient Handbook for further visitation policy information.