24-Hour Emergency Room
Acute Inpatient Care
St. Martin Hospital offers an extensive line of medical services. Listed below are many of our services and specialties. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us and we'll be glad to assist you. Use the links below to find more information on our available services.
The Emergency Department (ED) at St. Martin Hospital is a newly-built and expanded facility offering state-of-the-art equipment and emergency expertise to patients. We maintain a staffed 24-hour Emergency Department, which includes a staff physician. We provide the treatment necessary to stabilize patients of all ages in an emergency situation.
Ancillary services such as laboratory, CT, X-Ray, ultrasound and respiratory therapy are also available 24 hours a day.
Patients who do not have critical emergencies, or have minor ailments only, will be sent to our Fast Track area, which allows non-critical patients to be seen and released more quickly.
St. Martin Hospital also has a shared-emergency program with our parent hospital, Lafayette General Medical Center (LGMC). If the need for a higher level of care arises, the patient will be transferred to LGMC, or to another facility if the patient requests.
While the hospital’s emergency department (ER) is prepared for every kind of medical emergency, there is a new Medicaid Clinic at St. Martin Hospital Specialty Center, which provides treatment for common illnesses and minor injuries. View our guide to emergency care to learn more.
The Emergency Department seeks to provide the highest quality of emergency care within the scope of our services. Evaluation of all cases presenting to the Emergency Department will be made without regard to race, color, creed or the individual's ability to pay. Appropriate medical care will be provided by qualified nursing personnel, medical personnel, and ancillary services as required to ensure as positive a patient outcome as possible. Continuity of care is facilitated through complete documentation, appropriate referral, and thoroughly understood discharge instructions.
No appointment needed. Faster than ER. Serving Patients 18+.
Our Community Health Clinic is a great place to visit for medical needs that cannot wait for an appointment. The hospital ER treats patients based on the severity of their conditions, not in order of who gets there first. The Community Health Clinic sees patients on a “first come first served” basis, with limited wait time. Appointments are available but not necessary.
Community HealthClinic is open Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Located in St. Martin Hospital Specialty Center, 225 Champagne Blvd., across the street from the hospital.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, call (337) 442-6506.
The clinic currently accepts AmeriHealth Caritas of Louisiana and Louisiana Healthcare Connections, other Medicaid providers are coming soon.
When to go to the Community Health Clinic?
If you have any of the following go to the new Community Health Clinic at St. Martin Hospital Specialty Center.
- Any cough or cold that does not get better in several days, or a cough that gets worse and is accompanied by a fever
- Low-grade fevers
- Rash, especially if there is a fever
- Minor broken bones and sprains
- Cuts that might need stitches
- Minor burns
- Severe or constant vomiting or diarrhea
- Animal and insect bites
- Pink eye
- Painful urination
Under the direction of Medical Director, Dr. Chad Heinen, our Hospitalist program supports our Emergency Department and inpatient unit 24 hours, seven days a week. Hospitalists are experienced Internal Medicine and Family Medicine physicians who coordinate and manage the care of our inpatients. Our hospitalists will guide your care and communicate with your physician, reporting on your condition and status, while offering important recommendations for continuing your care after discharge. If you do not have a physician, a hospitalist can step into that role during your stay.
Inpatient Acute/Skilled Nursing Unit
The Skilled Nursing Unit (SNF) is an extended-stay program for those patients who are in a transition phase of illness or recovery and no longer require acute care services. The SNF offers 24-hour, 7-day care focused on restoring health and independence to patients who are ready for discharge, but need a little extra care. It is designed to offer medical and/or necessary comprehensive rehabilitation services to patients whose needs cannot be met in an “inpatient hospital rehabilitation program,” or in the home setting.
Our physician hospitalists provide 24/7 coverage, rounding on patients daily. Specialists such as cardiologists and orthopedists, who have consulting privileges, are also available.
For those patients requiring medical care and cardiac monitoring, we also offer the advanced service of telemetry in eight of our inpatient beds, with 24-hour monitoring.
St. Martin Hospital Laboratory's purpose is to provide laboratory services to the community of St. Martin Parish and surrounding communities. SMH lab staff assure accurate, reliable and prompt performance of tests and reporting of results while providing the highest level of patient satisfaction and safety. In the event that non-menu testing is needed, our partners, Lafayette General Medical Center and ARUP labs, will fulfill those services.
- The majority of patients who have had a recent surgery of a general, orthopedic nature, and many other procedures for which additional care is needed to improve strength and wellness
- Patients who have been inpatients for three consecutive midnights
- ED patients admitted (within 30 days) with a diagnosis of pneumonia, congestive heart failure or AMI (can be admitted to St. Martin Hospital in Skilled Nursing status and avoid readmission penalty
- Patients needing long-term IV treatments, such as antibiotics and nutrition
- Stroke patients needing rehabilitation services
- Patients debilitated or deconditioned after a long hospital stay
- Those with newly inserted feeding tubes qualify for a short stay in Skilled Nursing, with a focus on patient/family education
- Any patients needing physical, occupational, speech or respiratory therapy
- Patients requiring telemetry monitoring
Our goal is to provide lab testing and blood draw services closer to home as a convenience to the patient, families and their physicians. At St. Martin Hospital, we provide wide variety of lab testing.
Our outpatient registration area is open from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. with convenient parking located right outside of the building.
- Laboratory / Blood Bank Services
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Cardiac Stress Testing
- Holter Monitoring
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pulmonary Function Testing
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic and Heart Failure Disease Management Clinic are located in St. Martin Hospital Specialty Center.
- Nutrition Services / Dietary Consultations
- Therapy Services:
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
The Outpatient Infusion Clinic, located in St. Martin Hospital Specialty Center is open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. For more information, please call (337) 909-2223.
St. Martin Hospital Specialty Center also offers outpatient clinics including the Coumadin Clinic, Diabetes Clinic and Smoking Cessation Clinic. View our brochure to learn more about clinic offerings.
- Infusion and Injection Therapies
- Hepatitis B series
- TB screen
- IV fluids - hydration
- IV antibiotics
- Anemia management
- Blood Product Infusions - PRBC and Platelets
- Iron infusions- Ferrlecit and Feraheme
- Procrit/Aranesp management
- Albumin infusion
- Injections of different types - such as Remicade
- Osteoporosis management - Prolia Injection/Reclast Infusion
- IVP meds
- Port flushes
- Central line care (including dressing changes)
- Labs from central lines for physician appointments
- Primacor, cardiac infusions
We have state-of-the-art equipment for all imaging services located in a brand new outpatient services wing of the hospital. St. Martin Hospital has recently added additional imaging services in an effort to keep patients closer to home.
Radiology and Imaging Services include:
- CT scans
- Digital X-ray
- Digital Mammography (Mammograms)
- Ultrasound (Standard and Cardiovascular)
- Nuclear Medicine
Located in St. Martin Hospital Specialty Center
Whether you are living with diabetes, recovering from a stroke, a fall, or a sports injury, your rehabilitation health care professionals will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and develop an effective, personalized plan of care. Our team of physical, occupational and speech therapists can help you achieve long-term results for many conditions that limit your ability to move and communicate. Call today to discuss your plan of care and schedule an appointment.
- Treats patients with diagnoses including but not limited to:
- Orthopedic injuries / surgeries
- Specializing in neck, back, shoulder, hip, knee and ankle injuries
- Total Joint Replacement
- Parkinson’s and other neurological conditions
- Focuses on increased joint range of motion and strength
- Promotes independent home exercise programs to maintain good health
- Promotes functional independence
- Provides treatments focused on improving activities of daily living skills
- Treats patients with diagnoses including but not limited to
- Orthopedic injuries
- Specializing in shoulder, arm & hand injuries
- Total Joint Replacement
- Parkinson’s and other neurological conditions
- Developmental delay
- Concentrates on improving both verbal and receptive communication
- Treats patients with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia)
- Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) Studies
- Specialized in treating patients with:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Speech delay