Surgical Services of Acadia General Hospital provides quality surgical care to patients of all ages. The Surgical Services department has operating rooms for general surgery and endoscopy procedures and a four-bed Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). Clinical care activities and nursing services within the unit are provided by skilled registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, surgical technologists and trained ancillary personnel. Anesthesia services are provided by a full-time anesthesiologist and certified registered nurse anesthetist.
The Surgeons and Physicians at Acadia General Hospital offer, but are not limited to, the following surgical specialties:
- General Surgery, including laparoscopic procedures for hernia repair, gallbladder, appendix, colon resection and fundoplication
- OB/GYN, including C-sections, ablation and laparoscopic hysterectomy and other gynecological procedures utilizing the daVinci Robot
- ENT, including tonsillectomy, ear tube insertion, nasal and facial fracture repair and computer assisted sinus procedures
- Ophthalmology, including cataract and other procedures of the eyes and eyelids
- Orthopedic, including total joint replacement of knee, hip and shoulder, fracture management and arthroscopic procedures
- Endoscopy, Urology, Peripheral Vascular, Dentistry, Podiatry and Pain Management