Acadia General Hospital provides a wide range of services to patients in Acadia parish including:
- Anesthesiology Oncology / Hematology Rehabilitation
- Cancer Center of Acadiana
- Lab Services
- Surgical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Pain Management
- Vein Therapy
- Pathology Wound Care
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- da Vinci System
Cardiac Outpatient Services at Acadia General include a full spectrum of non-invasive procedures for diagnosing heart disease and various cardiovascular conditions. These procedures are performed by registered cardiac sonographers and registered nurses utilizing the latest in cardiac diagnostic technology.
Once your physician contacts our facility, we then schedule and provide complete details about any procedures you may have to undergo, as well as instructions to follow in preparation for the procedure(s).
Procedures we provide include:
- Cardiac Ultrasounds
- Echocardiograms, Carotids, Venous of Extremities, Arterial of Extremities; and Aorta
- Treadmill Stress Tests
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA)
Acadia General also provides minimally invasive procedures, including Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA). This is where a laser catheter is inserted into a defective vein, usually under local anesthesia, using ultrasound guidance. The laser heats the lining within the damaged vein, causing it to shrink and seal shut. Once this happens, the vein will no longer carry blood, eliminating vein bulging at its source. These sealed veins are superficial and are not necessary to carry blood, which will be naturally diverted to healthy veins, back to the heart. Your doctor will talk with you if you are a candidate for this procedure.
Laboratory services at Acadia General Hospital provide a full range of diagnostic and screening procedures to assist clinicians in the treatment and care of our patients. The laboratory maintains accreditations through the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS/CLIA). With a dedicated team of trained professionals in laboratory medicine and state-of-the-art equipment, our clients have come to expect a level of quality and service that surpasses many other facilities.
Outpatient Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (no weekends or holidays). The outpatient waiting room is located on the 2nd floor in room 202. Patients must pull a number prior to being seated. The Laboratory performs both emergency and routine testing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Laboratory and blood draw services are administered by physician referral only. When arriving for lab services, you must first register at the Outpatient Registration desk located on the first floor.
Appointments are only necessary for patients requiring a three hour Glucose Tolerance Test, Therapeutic Phlebotomy, Simulation Test or Bleeding Time test. To schedule an appointment for these types of tests, please call (337) 788-6590 from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
When arriving for outpatient lab services, please remember this important information:
- Wear clothing with loose sleeves
- Bring your physician orders and/or treatment authorization for lab tests to be performed
- Bring your physicians order to registration on the day of your visit
- Bring physicians order to lab for blood collection and/or specimen drop-off
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to register
Acadia General Hospital offers a full range of radiology services utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, including:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Multi-Slice High Speed CT scan
- Digital Mammography
- Digital Color Flow Ultrasound
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Density
This equipment is maintained with the highest standards and all certifications required by American College of Radiology (ACR).
Acadia General Hospital employs registered technologists with expertise and certification in their area of service. The technologist participates in continuing education and annually fulfills licensure credentialing requirements.
AGH also utilizes state-of-the-art P.A.C.S. (Picture and Archive Communication Systems) to transmit and store images, ensuring referring physicians the ability to view studies and discuss treatment options with patients as needed. For more information, call (337) 783-5577.
Surgical Services of Acadia General Hospital provides quality surgical care to patients of all ages. The Surgical Services department has operating rooms for general surgery and endoscopy procedures and a four-bed Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). Clinical care activities and nursing services within the unit are provided by skilled registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, surgical technologists and trained ancillary personnel. Anesthesia services are provided by a full-time anesthesiologist and certified registered nurse anesthetist.
The Surgeons and Physicians at Acadia General Hospital offer, but are not limited to, the following surgical specialties:
- General Surgery, including laparoscopic procedures for hernia repair, gallbladder, appendix, colon resection and fundoplication
- OB/GYN, including C-sections, ablation and laparoscopic hysterectomy and other gynecological procedures utilizing the daVinci Robot
- ENT, including tonsillectomy, ear tube insertion, nasal and facial fracture repair and computer assisted sinus procedures
- Ophthalmology, including cataract and other procedures of the eyes and eyelids
- Orthopedic, including total joint replacement of knee, hip and shoulder, fracture management and arthroscopic procedures
- Endoscopy, Urology, Peripheral Vascular, Dentistry, Podiatry and Pain Management