Cardiac Health Education Class
Interested in learning more information about improving your heart health and reducing the risk of heart disease in the future? Join us for an educational class conducted by our exercise physiologists and nurses from the Cardiac Rehabilitation Department. The class focuses on a wide range of topics including (but not limited to):
- Exercise for heart health: exercise safety considerations, proper warm-up and cool-down, aerobic/cardiovascular exercise, resistance training, and flexibility training
- Nutrition for heart health and weight management
- Blood pressure management
- Smoking cessation
- Medications – what they do, why they were prescribed to you?
- Recovery from cardiac surgeries/procedures.
- Stress management
Please note that registration is required for this event.
You can register online or by calling the Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Department at (337) 289-7358
. Classes are held in the LGMC Radiation Oncology Department Conference Room located in the Professional Office Building behind LGMC at 155 Hospital Dr., Suite 102.