Lafayette General Medical Center Embarks Upon Total Renovation Project
“As a not-for-profit organization, Lafayette General is committed to providing “community dividends” beyond the provision of outstanding medical care. As such, Lafayette General is embarking upon a full renovation of our main facility, with the purpose of improving, maintaining and restoring the health of those we serve. For almost 100 years, we have remained committed to this mission and anxiously look forward to continuing our tradition of providing unsurpassed healthcare by building for the next 100 years.” states David Callecod, President and CEO of LGMC.
Originally built in 1963, and last updated in 1983, Lafayette General will undergo a full renovation. Upon completion in the Fall of 2011, we will have added approximately 54 square feet to each room, larger bathrooms, showers, modernized patient care infrastructure. All 10 floors of the facility will be renovated.
· Number of floors:10
· Average Patient Room Size: 254 square feet
· Newly Added square feet: 14,826
· Total renovated square feet: 161,708
· Total Number of Beds (post renovation): 387
· Larger, updated patient rooms with larger bathrooms and showers
· New 12-bed Inpatient Rehab Unit
· Updated 42-bed Long-term Acute Care Unit
· Updated Adult Emergency Department waiting and triage area to aid in reducing wait time
· New Pediatric Emergency Department with 6 treatment bays and a dedicated waiting area
· Total Project Cost: $70 million