Lafayette General Health Receives Urgent Care Certification
The Urgent Care Association of America has designated Lafayette General Health (LGH) as a Certified Urgent Care provider, distinguishing its urgent care centers. LGH’s Family Health Plaza Urgent Care clinics, located at River Ranch in Lafayette and Sugar Mill Pond in Youngsville, provide patients with walk-in, extended-hour medical treatment for a wide scope of medical conditions. Lafayette General Health’s urgent care centers are always staffed with a licensed physician, unlike many walk-in clinics that staff only a Nurse Practitioner. Both LGH urgent care clinics earned certification by meeting all criteria established by the Urgent Care Association of America.
As the health care environment changes, it is more important for patients to understand the treatment options available to them. Urgent care is a convenient and viable option for medical conditions that cannot wait for a scheduled appointment with a primary care physician. LGH’s urgent care centers accept unscheduled walk-in patients during all hours of operation.
When a medical condition – such as an unexpected cut, burn, sprain or fracture – does not require a visit to the emergency department, Family Health Plaza Urgent Care is equipped with X-ray, laboratory services and a licensed provider is always available to perform minor procedures like casting and suturing.
Urgent care fills the gap between primary care and hospital emergency rooms, offering increased convenience and cost savings.
With its certification, Lafayette General Health and the Urgent Care Association of America demonstrate their commitment toward providing patients with access to appropriate levels of care.
Lafayette General Urgent Care Centers:
- Locations: River Ranch at 1216 Camellia Blvd., Lafayette; (337) 769-0069 and Sugar Mill Pond at 2810 Bonin Rd., Youngsville; (337) 857-5765
- Operating hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- No appointment necessary
- Always staffed with a licensed physician
- Treating illnesses such as: sprains, minor cuts and burns, cold and flu symptoms, allergies, fever, strep throat, earaches and intestinal viruses.
- Check with your insurance provider for details about covered services. Medicaid not accepted